Friday, September 28, 2007

EYE CANDY FRIDAY

I've nothing craft-wise to talk about. An amazing amount of time has been spent sending and receiving emails concerning the care of my mother, talking on the phone to hospitals, convalescent homes both current and possible future places, doctors, discharge planners, nurses, social workers, legal people, siblings, and friends. I am eagerly awaiting the bill on my cell phone since I have long blown through my minutes and of course, most of the calling needed to be done while on the road or away from my home. Bottom line: things are pretty good. It's now seeing the results of tests both physical and mental, then deciding what is to done. I am really eager to get back to knitting and sewing.


I started up a second set of large zinnias late in the summer. They started to bloom a few weeks ago. I love this color.

The sedums are finally starting to bloom.


A yellow columbine which did a surprise second bloom.


More sunflowers and zinnias. Soon the chrysanthemums will put on a display.


3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Sunset Knitter said...

The flowers are beautiful. Thanks for Sharing.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Elinoire said...

I love the columbines! They're so spiky and tenacious (my mother's are always going to seed while hanging over neighbor flowerpots and trying to colonize) and they have the prettiest leaves.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lene Andersen said...

Gorgeous eyecandy! Best wishes to you and your mom - remember to take care of yourself, too. Having just been through the "coordinator to the stars" (as I took to calling it), it's very draining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home