Friday, October 26, 2007

AND...


What did I do while southern California was burning to the ground? Well, I worried a lot about my cyber pals, Elinor and Valerie. They didn't have a very nice time of it but last I heard they both had homes still intact along with their loved ones. I also sewed a silk birthday vest for my friend Sabrina. Note the handmade silk bias tape. Those were the fun things. There was a lot of hauling of items to my mother's, visiting, even more paperwork though that seems to be tapering off, and the usual household maintenance along with some bathmat knitting. More cotton yarn was acquired today so it should be finished soon.


EYE CANDY FRIDAY



One of the things I haven't been doing is Fall cleanup in the garden. Soon, very soon. A volunteer Cosmos.


Mexican Sage which gives the garden some much needed color at this time of year.




A few lonely blanketflowers peek their pretty faces through the dead foliage.

A creeper, name forgotten, getting ready to shed its leaves.




On the other hand this is the time of year that the chrysanthemums strut their stuff.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowers are gorgeous. Quite right not to line the vest. It hangs nicely, and good job on the bias binding.

Any word from Claude?

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

This vest is beautiful. I hope Sabrina has coloring like yours, because this is SO you.

Sharon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home