Sunday, October 07, 2007

ON THE HIGHWAY OF LIFE


Another trip was taken down to Monterey. This time the hubby did the driving. The fact that he had broken his regular glasses was not helpful. He got by with his prescription sunglasses during the day and his reading glasses at night along with a little help from his loving wife (what does that freeway sign say!!?!!). The RV is a much nicer way to go complete with three cats and one small dog who does not care for car travel. We are racing by the garlic fields of Gilroy at sunset in the photo. It smelled good too.

My mother was visited and fussed over. She is doing much better after a rearrangement of roommates. Overall her health is quite good but she needs care. I am making progress in finding her a nice place nearby.


All this care, both the looking for and acquiring, requires lots and lots of paperwork. I had to get up and pace around for awhile when I came across the paper that asked me what level of effort I authorized in case of an medical emergency. The good old ER hospital drama "Do Not Resuscitate" order or the "Do Everything Damn Possible" box? I went for the second choice. Being the Designated Adult is not so easy at times.
The potato? In all the years of buying potatoes I have never come across one shaped like a heart. Until now. I take it as a sign that I must take care to keep my heart open. Or maybe I should just eat more potatoes. Or both.

All this running back and forth and the practicing of my signature has left very little time to be creative BUT I did buy more yarn for my mitered squares and complete a couple more squares. And that annoying whining sound I keep hearing seems to be coming from Claude telling me that now that it is colder I should just buckle down and sew him up.
EYE CANDY SUNDAY

One of the other things hubby has been busy with is getting us back up on the web. We've been down since Thursday and I have been suffering withdrawals. After hubby came to bed (and I woke up) he explained just what the two problems were. Ask me if I remember. I am just grateful that I can now blog. Good hubby, wonderful hubby.
A variegated rose. I do think that all the effort of moving the rosebushes was worth it. They are doing so much better.


My pineapple sage has burst into bloom.


A zinnia and a rose.


The redbud is pretty all year around. The seedpods make a nice sound when the wind blows.







We continue to have cooler than normal weather and wetter too. As I watched the rain moving in I took some photos of the sky at sunset.








4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the storm brewing photos. Cooler weather is nice. Cool is good. You have no idea how many of your photos have migrated to screen backgrounds on my computer. Every morning when I go to work, seeing them just perks up the day. Keep up the good work of ECF. It goes further than you can imagine.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Months! Months have gone by without a glance. A mention. And now she finally talks about finishing me. But what does she do? Buy more yarn for those boring squares. Bah!

I am destined to languish forever in the realm of unfinished projects. Forsaken first for the Hot Pink Tart. Now for blanket pieces, of all things!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Elinoire said...

I think Sylvie could get to like travel if we had an RV, but I'm not sure I could stand all the back seat driving. She's small but has large opinions.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Patience, Claude. Your day will come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home