Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Knitting makes the news

I can't remember just which blog I was reading that referenced Kim Hargreaves but I followed the link to check out some of her latest designs . I'm too old for most of her stuff and suspect that I never had the wistful, doe eyed, misty-lost look needed to pull most of it off. But I really liked this top which she (or some art editor) calls "Storm". I admire her creativity but just can't wear most of her designs. But this, this is interesting and has potential.

I've mentioned in the past that one of my guilty pleasures, as much as I ever feel guilty about anything these days, is watching the fashion channel. I came across this scarf the other day in the New York Times on-line. It's one of those inadvertently funny photos that the people working, probably very hard, to set up just didn't see. The model looks for all the world like she broke her neck with this ridiculously over sized scarf as she went down the staircase. Or was it a homicide? We'll never know. Morse is dead.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a page from an Edward Gorey book.

"S is for Sybil Strangled By a Scarf"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home