Monday, November 05, 2007

Cat-less in Pacific Grove

Hubby and I are in the midst of cleaning out my mother's house. It's dirty work and a bit emotional too. The morning was hard but the afternoon brought various people interested in some of the things we were putting out and people asking about my mother. Pacific Grove is still a small town in so many ways and my mother lived there for a very long time. The cats were left home with huge piles of food and water and will be fine but I miss them. It was just too much to juggle though.

It's foggy and cold but the ocean is so beautiful. Omar the Magnificent had his first walk along the shoreline and although he found the tides a bit scary he loved the sand under his paws and the seabirds were a delight. He ran and pranced like a high spirited pony let out after a long winter.

I have no photos to share. I've never done the setup for camera/laptop/cable . I did manage to knit one dishcloth on the way down with a triangle pattern. I even found a small mistake in the pattern! I've started another but there will be no time for knitting until we are back on the road home which hopefully will be in a few days.

We're staying at a RV park at the fairgrounds. This is the fairgrounds where I attended the Monterey Pop Festival back in 1967. It's probably a good thing we can't glimpse our future. We're tired and dirty but the RV has a nice shower and a lovely bed. We've got beer and pizza so we aren't suffering too much. Tomorrow is the day the charity people come by to look at the bigger things and hopefully take them away.

PS. The bathmat is working out very well. As with most things I would do it a little differently but I am pleased.

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are truly getting oodles, simply gazoodles (that's a lot, in case you didn't know) of karma points for this. The rest of your life should go simply swimmingly! Or at least most parts of it.

Your Mother is very, very fortunate to have you.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Hunh, Bloglines decided to tell me about four of your postings at once today. So I have to catch up: beautiful flowers, truly gorgeous vest, and I see why you had to hand-make that bathmat! Nothing store-bought would come near fitting! I love my handmade bathmat actually, much cushier than store bought.

I can just see Omar on the shore -- he must be having fun, though you guys are working so hard. It sounds exhausting. Good luck!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Laura said...

That kind of house cleaning is no fun. Hang in there. Sounds like you won't be too much longer at it. At least you're in lovely Pacific Grove. I find the foggy weather there delightful. We had a dog when I was a kid. She was kind of nervous about the ocean at first, but after a while she'd bark at the waves and bite them. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home