Thursday, March 24, 2011



Okay, so it took a bit longer than I had anticipated and there are still a couple of things I'd like to change but the Amazing, Long Running, Will it EVeR Be Done, Red Coat Project is now pretty much wrapped up.



The arrows are to point out some serious flaws in our master bedroom which are about to be rectified. It took close to a year to finally agree on two colors (and I admit to being a little iffy about one of them) but we are going to remodel. Finally, using some of the skills I acquired from a UC Berkeley extension course on Project Manglement I made up a flow sheet listing what needed to be done and in what order, supplies and all the whatnot's. By this time next year we should have the ceiling painted! Hopefully, we'll still be married and/or sleeping in the same room together.

Seriously, it's going to be beautiful though I am less than thrilled at the prospect of scraping off wallpaper though the cats helped with the bottom section.


Still to do on the coat: I'd like to make covers for the shoulder pads so they work better and find a better way to close the front. The hood, well, I am not likely to have it up so I think it's just going to stay funky.

Somewhat surprisingly I came out of this project eager to sew up another coat. Now that is amazing!


At 2:17 PM, Anonymous The Enabler said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! And it will keep you so roasty toasty with all the continuing cold weather.

I think a nice lapel pin is in order.

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Wow. I'm seriously impressed with the COAT remodel... Sewing still seems like magic to me. It came out beautiful and looks great on you! I did get my sewing machine repaired at last so I can hopefully, er, sew a cover for my sewing machine. And then maybe something else :-)

Good luck with the painting -- it'll be so refreshing AFTERwards.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home