Friday, December 17, 2010

WHAT DO YOU DO?

When it's Christmas and you have 5 active cats two who live to recreate old Tarzan moves?


You Hang 'em High. Small furry creatures have been observed looking up and thinking....hmmm.

HAVEN



Finished and adored. Wouldn't I make a perfect hobbit?



She got a little long. 104" after blocking.

Haven by Kim Hargreaves. The Dark House Collection. Three skeins of Manos Classica on size 10.5's. It came down to and past the wire with the yarn. I just plain ran out and I was NOT going to frog a 12 row lace repeat. Just.Not.Going.To.Happen. I rummaged through my knitting trash twice and felted every scrap I could find. Then I found a strand of something vaguely like it and felted that on for the last 2/3's of the bind off. You can't even tell unless you stick your nose right in it. So there.

CORONET




The hopefully last bit of holiday knitting for Paulette down at the local market. Berroco Lustra. About half to two thirds of a skein on size 3's. Slippery, very slippery.

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I always enjoy your mid-air "tree"... nicely decorated too!

Isn't Coronet a fun one? It's a beautiful hat and, in my opinion, a fun knit. I've made two of 'em and I'm not ruling out a third.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Suzy said...

Why do I have visions of Opal scaling the lamp (when it's turned off, of course) then making a valiant leap at the branch? I can see the wheels turning in her furry brain - I can do it! I can do it!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Dan looked at your Christmas branch and said, "Wow, that's pretty impressive!"

Merry Christmas!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Sissie said...

Oh my gosh, Erin that is so cretive! I can just see the cats drooling as they gaze up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home