Saturday, October 02, 2010

MY MUSICAL WEEKEND


Last weekend I headed over to Sebastopol for the 16th annual Celtic Festival. While not having gone to each and every one I have made it to most of them, and most of the time with my dear friends, Kimberly and Marion. They are a joy to party with.
In a rare fit of plan-ahead-itis. I started knitting gift shawls months ago. (Bakersfield in red, Saroyan in grey.) They were a big hit.
We had lots and lots of fun. It was far too hot though and sadly, the festival is going downhill. Smaller attendance, fewer vendors, cutbacks all around. It's been a great yearly meetup but we decided it was time for us to branch out and find another venue to go party at next year. Suggestions? We're willing to travel.



A close up of Saroyan done on size 1's in tosh sock "Graphite".




As usual, the Towel Man was there dancing to the music. No one seems to know who he is and when it came down to it I decided I didn't want to spoil the mystery. I took a video of him dancing and of some of the groups. With luck I'll figure out how to edit them and post them soon.




When not at the festival listening to music while knitting I could be seen sitting in the hotel room, knitting. (And, what am I knitting? The yarn is Codex from The Sanguine Gryphon in the colorway, Jane Bennet and the finished item - and it is now finished - will be mailed to Toronto soon. Stay tuned for photos after the recipient has received it.)


I had hoped to get down to Petaluma to visit Knitterly but we couldn't face getting back into the car and sitting in rush hour traffic on a Friday.



Something totally different




A totally unposed photo of Ollie and hubby zonked out together. All together now...awwwww.



Garden Stuff



Things were cooling down. Then things got hot again. At least the nights are cooler. The heat has been great for the tomatoes but I am really ready for cold weather.

A flower arrangement with some scabiosa grown from my friend Elaine's seeds via Berkeley. Included are a few pieces of Dusty Miller and some Cosmos.



Japanese anemone.

A sure sign of Fall. The pineapple sage has started to bloom.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

The shawls came out lovely -- Saroyan is so elegant in that silvery grey!

What a darling pic of Ollie and Dick. Tee hee.

That's funny, we've finally had a cool week here right when you get a warm one. Same state, totally different weather. They've warned us most of October will be hot and dry so we're enjoying the cool drizzlies while they last!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home