Friday, September 17, 2010

SWEET AND FUZZY



or....


DEMON CAT?




You choose.


RIBBIT!



That awful sound, the sound of me frogging back half of the Purple Pimpelliese. At first I thought I had run out of yarn despite carefully measuring things. The new skein was close but not a match so I alternated rows. Things looked good, very good. I knit. I knit some more. Finally I paused long enough to scratch my head and say, "What the hey....?" Turned out that my decrease side was decreasing at a much slower rate than the increase side. Hmmm. I am not sure why but will try again, this time measuring with each repeat. Knit and Learn.


Oh, and Ms. Frog seems to be very happy though I've stated to wonder how she is going to spend her winter. Hibernation?

A FLOWER HERE. A FLOWER THERE

I have started collecting seeds for next year's garden. I continue to be amazed that things planted years ago and never replanted continue to germinate and grow. The tenacity of Life.




The last of the sunflowers. The birds are busy pecking seeds from the older heads. Get fat little birds, winter is coming.






Petunias


Volunteer morning glories. I've noticed that the flowers of blues and purple like the cooler weather. Summer is for yellow and hot red. Not across the board but a definite leaning.



Autumn crocus



Sedum in bloom





Mums. A sure sign of fall.

3 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous jae said...

beautiful flowers....

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

So funny to watch it be autumn there when we have still got summer down here, and not so far away! My tomatoes may actually start ripening in a few weeks, and the plumeria still hasn't figured out it should bloom. The gardenia barely bloomed this year -- it has slow years now and then. And it has been a very cool summer.

Always love the garden pix. Nice to have a real frog, shame about the knitting frog!

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous suzy said...

That is not a demon cat, but a self-possessed feline of the extra-ordinary variety.

Unless she's flying around the house, then demon applies. Love the sunflowers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home