Friday, November 05, 2010

I SHOOK MY BOOTIE

...and my bootie shook back. It was a little depressing. I took my first Zumba class last Wed. and I was impressed. Impressed with how much fun it was, impressed with how much exercise I got over the hour, and impressed I was able to walk down the stairs and climb into my car afterward. Can't wait for the next session.


She may not be aerobic but she's done. Mama Bear. A really fun knit though I cannot get the collar to lie down. Malabrigo worsted in the colorway, SFO sky done on size 6's. It took 5 skeins and a bit. I didn't get gauge, or let's say I was very democratic and got several gauges. I ended up just measuring and then decreasing a bit. This fits well and is light yet warm. That sentence hardly sums up how pleasant this garment feels when worn. I may make it again. I will certainly use the yarn again. It was A.Dream to work with. Just yummy. I'm trying to make a hat to go with it but my first two tries have ended up too small. I'll send them along to a charity at some point. Someone will get good use and have a warm head.


My stealth knitting finally made it to Toronto. I think it may have hitchhiked, taking nearly three weeks. Lene admired the shrug I made for my Japan bound niece so I offered to make her one. I ended up buying some Codex from the Sanguine Gryphon, Silk and Blue-faced Leicester. Just lovely to work with, smooth, a bit of shine, but not too much, great stitch definition.



The yarn for my next project, The Uneven Cable Vest arrived today. Tosh Vintage in the colorway, Copper Penny. I had to crop out the drool marks. I am also going to have to be strong and finish up my Multnomah because it's a gift and due in early Dec. Must.Be.Strong. Okay, maybe just a swatch with the new stuff. Just a little one.
Various Cat Pictures


Otis enjoying the early morning sun.


Opal enjoying yet another one of my bags.
Opal and Olive helping. I am happy to say that my massive, I may never actually finish this and what the heck was I thinking in the first place? plan to clean out my entire sewing room is actually, are you sitting down?, finished.



A Fall bouquet.

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Wow! Great color of Vintage! Can't wait to see it in person!!! :)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Wow, the Mama Bear is lovely. I can only imagine how soft that is! I haven't knit with Malabrigo but I gather I'm really missing out.

Don't shrugs look funny when they're not on a person? I keep thinking that they would be uncomfortable to wear, but people love them, so they can't be. I'll have to try one one of these days.

Tosh yarns are amazing. Can't wait to see how the vest knits up.

KITTIES! I love them. Opal in the bag made me laugh out loud.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger bluey said...

mama bear is lovely. I find the collar nice and outstanding too :)

There isn't any need to get it to lie down :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home