Friday, October 08, 2010

IT'S IN THE MAIL. HONEST.



In this case it really is. A gift FO. Photos soon (and I am really pleased with it).

I continue to work on various patterns. I frogged the few inches I did of the hubby vest because it was too big. Try again. I cast on for Multnomah, a gift for a friend I will see in December. So far it is an easy pattern though it seems very small. I have completed the body and am about to start the edging section where I must pay more attention. Wish me luck with that.

Traveling Woman (along with Man, and dog, and two cats).


We took a short RV trip to Lassen where I managed to not take a single photograph. Suffice to say that it was gorgeous, it being Lassen after all. It also rained on the way there and it was snowing from Bumpass Hell, over the Summit and down the other side. It was cold. Omar shivered. I shivered. Hubby was stoic but I think he shivered when no one was looking.





We decided to take The Squeakers. Opal was less than pleased though. She spent a lot of time in one of the overhead compartments but after awhile she came down and sat in my lap. Olive was a trooper. Hey, there is still food and laps, what could be so bad?



After passing through Lassen we headed to Birney Falls. I had never seen them - and they did not disappoint.


Garden Stuff


The last wave of heat ripened a lot of tomatoes. We are now well into Fall with cool mornings and nights. There was a little rain and some thunderstorms. Yesterday hubby got his big brush out and cleaned the wood burning stove including the chimney. Time for a nice fire to take off the chill.



Pretty much everywhere you look you see female preying mantis. They are looking hard for a little C & C. That being Copulate and Consume. A girl has to do what a girl has to do. Hey sailor, new in town?


The very tall Cosmos bloomed at long last making some gorgeous color in the rather run down garden. Cosmos generally grow to 3' to 5'. These are more in the 7' to 9'. Not that I'm complaining.


I was sitting in the front window this morning and noticed this rather lovely shadow.

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Ooh. Love the spider shadow photo! And the mantis. I think they are among the coolest-looking bugs. I see them very seldom down here. No SF author has managed to dream up any bug-eyed monster cooler than a mantis.

I'm JUST starting to get tomatoes here! Of course, something ate the plants down to stubs when they were about 2' high and they had to start over, so that's part of it.

Look at that big blue cat eye!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

You have laid out Multnomah in the shape of a cockle shell—gorgeous! And I love the praying mantis shot, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home