Friday, October 22, 2010

POOLED


My Mama Bear sweater is coming along. It will be finished soon despite needing to reknit the top third of one sleeve and a few inches of the second. You see, I suffered from pooling.



Before.



After being reknit.


Seems that when I hit a certain number of stitches the yarn variegation was "just right" and the lovely speckled quality turned into weird pools. Easily fixed. It's not something I've ever had happen to me before though.


MR. "T"




The pond now has a new resident, a box turtle. He seems very happy swimming around under the waterlilies. I've told him he could eat a few fish but not to get greedy.
KITCHEN STUFF



Pesto was made (with a little help - everything goes better with kittens) with the last of the basil.




I was up before the sun (good to have documented proof, it doesn't happen all that often). Interestingly, the ground mist was not visible to the naked eye.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Suzy said...

You usually see sunrise from the opposite side, as in not having slept the night. Gorgeous picture of it.

Has Mr. Turtle gotten acquainted with the fish?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Love the cardigan! And how smart to fix the pooling. It is just going to be stunning.

The turtle is awfully cute. I miss my tortoise :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home