Sunday, August 20, 2006

WHAT IS DIFFERENT?

I ask myself: what is different with hubby being away? Actually, very little. There is the obvious - I sleep in the middle of the bed. Hubby will tell you that I try to do that even when he's here and I'm almost famous for my cover stealing abilities. It's a natural talent. I once had a boyfriend who actually sewed elastic along one side of our coverlet and hooked it to nails on the wall. That way when I finally did loosen my death grip the coverlet would spring back.

I leave my swift and ball winder up. I tend to do that regardless but I feel much less guilt about it. Well, not really guilt. I find guilt to be vastly overrated but I sometimes think, gosh, maybe I should clean up a little. I also leave many piles of various projects in progress. Knitting, sewing, books, magazines - it takes a lot to keep me amused. I've also noticed that I'm using hubby's bathroom for things like my hiking boots and garden shoes.

I've been working on my Irish Hiking Scarf for the knitalong. It called for size 8's but all of mine were busy or had ends that had been chewed so I cast on with 9's. It's a little loose but it feels and looks okay. I bought a kacha-kacha (I love it!) and a second "knit chek" while I was buying yarn for the scarf. I like to have two of things. My mother likes to have two of everything so I think I'm at the mercy of both my genes and my nurturing.

Otis has changed from being a fragile little kitten to a muscular, self assured cat-lin (not quite a kitten and not quite an adult). I can only admire a cat's ability to sleep with total commitment and apparently, no bones either!

5 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

oooooh! Love the cables! I'll try them someday.

Still working on my shrug, I can't wait to put it together and see how it looks!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Nice colors on the Irish Hiking Scarf. What yarn are you using?

Otis may be growing up, but he's still irresistible!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Earin Marybird said...

I'm using Classic Elite Inca Print 100% alpaca. It's so soft. I thought I would have a problem with splitting but I seem to have developed a feel for it and it's going very smoothly and fast.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Wow that is definitely a gorgeous color.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Otis is a teenager. He must be snorgled and schnozzled and tummy-kissed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home