Friday, May 02, 2008

I HAVE BEEN SEWING (A LOT)





There has been sewing, the buying of sewing related books, and the acquisition of fabric (check out that pile of booty!). There has been a bit of machine embroidery, some very cool techniques for things like putting on pockets and collars, and overall, a whole lot of Total Immersion in the World of Fabric and What You Can Do With It.



Much time was spent with Suzy, she who is the Goddess of Sewing. I thought, "Hey, the perfect person to sit next to..." when I, the total machine embroidery virgin decided to dip my toes into a great class taught by Bobbi Bullard. WRONG!!! Her eyes glazed over, she hunched over her machine, and after several minutes of trying to get her attention I realized my mistake. The fingers flew, the fabric was decorated and my friend was far, far away. When I finally reeled her back in I received a "You look vaguely familiar and why the HELL are you bothering me?". Sewing as a Competitive Sport. Who knew? (To be fair she was completely helpful once I got her attention.)


During the show and tell parts of the five days I knitted on my vintage Nancy Bush sock. One can only go so long without yarn even when being crazed over sewing.

There were wonderful women, incredible instructors, a bus tour to SF and Berkeley to some of the really special fabric stores, and a heck of a lot of fun and laughter over the five days. I had A.Very.Good.Time.

EYE CANDY FRIDAY

While I was gone the iris started to open. A perfect place for a just turned 2 cat to practice his Downward Dog.



Last night I did a firewood run at dusk. I discovered that moths come out and feed on the flowers (including a very lovely azalea). A web seach showed me that one is in the Sphinx family. It was the size of a hummingbird and rather amazing.



Yet another photo of the rose and clematis combo outside my kitchen window.

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say, it was intensity that caused me to ignore your pleas. A truly wonderful time.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Hee hee. Love the photo of the two of you above! And the rose and clematis... amazing. {sigh}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home