Wednesday, July 16, 2008

THE AGONY AND THE LACE


I can't begin to tell you how much work went into doing that simple lace border seen above. I read blogs and people just knit this stuff up like they're sipping tea. I, apparently, have a great deal of trouble counting to nine. I've practiced A LOT and now think I have the sequence down. I'm making a without a real pattern vest for my friend Sharon's birthday. I thought a little lace edging would be girly and nice. I haven't figured out yet how to (or whether to) do a panel up the front and what the heck will happen with the neck and arm edges. Stay tuned. I'll think of something and hopefully it won't take me two afternoons to get it right.

RY Cashsoft DK using size 7's at 5 stitches an inch after blocking. (I have all those mitered squares to measure.)

Way Cool Book. WayCool.



As a break I took some scraps from recent clothes making and made myself something to corral my circular needles.


I recently had a birthday (Thank you Valerie!). Sharon gifted me with a Ravelry T-shirt which Ollie finds quite intriguing.


Summer is in full swing. We even had a lifting of the seemingly never ending blanket of smoke. Is there anything left in California to burn? I took these into knit night last night. I have LOTS more. I may have to rethink my decision not to make any more plum wine. There are just so many that even the birds are saying they're full. NOT!


2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The back of the door has sprung and Octo-pod of knitting needles! Can a swarm of scraps be far behind?

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

The vest is gorgeous. I cannot wait for September!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home