Friday, August 01, 2008

PROGRESS REPORT

The red headed cat is doing much better. After being contained inside for almost a week he was finally deemed healthy enough to go outside and try to do himself in again. My poor heart. He is back to chasing lizards and harassing Opie. Here's hoping he stays out of trouble for a very long time. Yeah, right.
I continue to knit away on Sharon's vest. I'm getting quite good at figuring out where I screwed up in the lace panel and undoing my problem(s). For a beginning lace knitter (and we're only talking a small panel of 22 stitches) multitasking and knitting do not mix. I'm very close to binding off the armholes. I also managed to totally forget to do the waist shaping. Oh well. Hopefully, there will be magic in my mattress stitching.


I also declared my Ravelympics project: the XO cardigan from Folk Vests. It will be a challenge, as I've noted before in this blog, but I will do my best.


The garden is in full swing with lots of cukes and tomatoes being produced. I put up 11 quarts of bread and butter pickles from this pile. Tonight I'll use up some of the teeming mounds of tomatoes making a gazpacho. Even as I type Hubby is trying to figure out how to put a hot wire around one of my plum trees. It was full of fruit but the raccoons are in the midst of a DDay attack. Multiple layers of netting is barely slowing them down. If I plan to eat any and/or make brandied plums (MustHave.Great.Gifties) something must be done.


I made another pair of capri and yet again I made the waist too big. It won't be hard to resize them but you'd think I'd figure out my waist measurement at some point in time.
EYE CANDY FRIDAY


I've tried a couple of different things in pots this year. Fountain grass and coleus.

Miniature roses. The plant was a gift in 2003 from Mayfield Morris and Sword as a thank you for organizing and hosting their visit to the area. It's been a real trooper of a plant. Just like Mayfield (who is alas no longer in existence).

A hollyhock back lit from the summer sun. I also have two new crepe myrtles that have yet to be put in the ground.
Tomorrow is a true Small Town event. My absolute favorite fabric store, Fabrics on Mill St. is finishing up moving the last of their inventory down the street. They have finally found a larger store on the same street. They're having a Fabric Brigade. Yup, we're going to all show up (that being patrons of the store read: fabric fanatics) and hand bolts of cloth to each other. Way Fun!


1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Wow, I'm so relieved to hear that Otis is okay. What a horrifying photo, and the poor little boy. I can only imagine what happened. Your heart must have been in your throat when you saw him :-(

I've totally missed the Ravelympics, which I guess is this year's version of the Knitting Olympics. I will have to check it out.. but I probably can't participate. We have house guests for one more week, and then after a few days fresh ones arrive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home