Saturday, September 13, 2008

UNRAVELED


I learned so much about how to sew up seams during the Sharon vest that I've gone back and unraveled my mitered squares. Thankfully, that amounts to four squares in all. Seems I was doing the seaming all wrong. I need to take some time from casting on new projects and pull this little baby blanket together soon. Fall is in the air and babies need to stay warm.

Like a moth to a flame I keep visiting yarn stores when I have a little free time. I scored four skeins of Kid Merino from Crystal Palace in the bargain bin along with two skeins of Rowan Ribbon yarn at $4.50 a skein instead of the more normal asking price of $13. We do love a bargain.
One of my knit night buddies, the delightful Gail, loaned me Necter from Kim Hargreaves and I am in love. I broke down and bought my own copy. I'm not a floaty Rowan sort of girl but this book has some lovely patterns that I can see making for friends and for myself. I also ordered Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book 3 from The Yarn and Fiber store. If Ravelry is correct there is a sweater pattern, the Islander, that I think will make a great hubby sweater. I'm getting a little overcommitted here. (Ya think?) I also preorderd the new Mason-Dixon book. Yea!

In the meantime I'm sewing up bags for the Sebastopol Celtic Festival. Three to be exact. It's my turn to bring goodies and the bags are part of the goodie bag(s) for myself and my two dear friends. We've been going to this festival for a long time now.


My sideboard is returning to it's usual state: Piled High With Knitting.


At knit night last Tuesday a local business woman came by and asked if we would be interested in doing some charity knitting for newborns in Uganda. I surfed Ravelry and came up with patterns for a few things. I'm almost finished with this little top made from some Knitpick yarn and another type who's ball band is not at hand. It's purple, from Australia, and nice. I do know that my Secret Pal gifted me with them. We're continued to be cyberfriends which is really nice.
EYE CANDY TODAY

Not a lot going on in the garden (which is in desperate need of some attention). There are still a few peaches and tomatoes. The raccoons ate all the pears. With three huge nets over the fig tree the birds are still managing to sneak in and peck at the fruit. Not too much though so I'm getting a few. I'm starting up my fall crops, sugar peas, beets, lettuce and other green types of things.

Coleus. Fern. Blanketflowers with morning glory. There's a bee in there too.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I'm curious as to what was "wrong" with your seaming of the mitred squares, and how you will fix it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home