Friday, March 13, 2009

PURPLE


Very


The Purple Wonder is at last finished. Well, I'll finish off the sleeves when I meet up with The Enabler in June for the Phoenix Sew-In. I am pleased with the fit. For a very simple pattern it required a lot of finishing to get it into shape. The pattern I chose for the panels pulled up so the bottom edge scalloped a bit. I did a simple crocheted chain stitch to smooth the bottom out so it looks more like a design feature and not an error. I thought the sleeves were huge as written so I made them a lot smaller which I liked but had some issues with getting them sewn in. I also did a chain stitch around the neck opening to stabilize it.
The pattern is "Sonnet" from Kitty.com done in Cascade Superwash 220 in the colorway "Plum" (805). I think I did it on 5's and used 5.25 skeins. I can't quite remember. I loved the yarn but it did stretch quite a lot with washing and blocking. Tossing it into a cool dryer helped bring things back in shape but the sleeve length went from 21" to 25". They were cast on provisionally so that can be adjusted. And there I was worrying that they would end up too short. My friend, The Purple Loving Gorilla. Please admire her new, very cool kitchen counters and in the background, the new tile installed by the TPLG and her adoring husband. It's pretty darn gorgeous.


I am almost ready to do the final part of the back of Dakota. I'm using Elsebeth Lavold silky wool and liking it a lot. The color is reminding me of many a bowl of split pea dahl I've had in the past.
My friend Katrina came for a few days and wanted a new project. We fell in love with the somewhat retro looking hanging dish towels from the latest Mason-Dixon. We have had a lot of practice making mitered squares (think the never ending baby blanket - so many seams!) so these are going to be a piece of cake.

I bought some fabric for capri and coordinating vests.
My brother David and his wife came over Sat. and I made a cake. Isn't it pretty?


After a very dry winter the skies opened up.


The dam at Lake Wildwood just a couple of miles down the road. One doesn't often see a standing wave there.


The road leading to the softball field at our local park (where hubby lives in the summer, coming home only for meals and to sleep). It occasionally goes under water but I've never seen it like this.


The creek was very impressive. Omar says, "Take me home, take me home now." Katrina says, "Way cool! Look at all the ducks!"


Spring is coming and the daffodils are blooming.



































1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that the Wonderful, most wonderous Purple Wonder is in my hands, the weather decides to be uncooperative! It is supposed to reach 90 here in Cactusville! Just my luck.

Otto the Attitudinous sends his thanks at the nice hefty plastic bag the PW was wrapped in for mailing. Otto has a thing for formed petroleum products - aka plastic bags.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home