Wednesday, April 27, 2011

THE HIP BONE IS CONNECTED TO THE KNEE BONE




One of the given about doing a major project such as remodeling the bedroom is that It.Grows.


It grows wayyyyy out of proportion to what you originally envisioned. Repainting leads to sanding and painting the wardrobe, same needs to happpen to the bed frame. All that ratty wallpaper must be peeled off. Be sure to wear a dust mask. I didn't (cough, cough).


You know, those blinds are pathetic, let's get new ones. Then the assessment of the state of the carpet. We've known for a Very Long Time that the carpets were in dire need of being replaced. Staring at them in all their uncovered, dingy, cat barf stained glory we knew it was time. Beyond time actually.


There there are the various little things that are going to be built, the cat ladder to be redone and you know, I'm tired and Hubby is exhausted. I keep muttering to myself that it is going to look so good when we are done or we are both going to end up insane and drooling locked away somewhere.


Thankfully, spring has finally arrived in all it's glory. It's been something like two whole days without rain!




The tree peony that I put in two summers ago produced 5 lovely flowers each as large as a cereal bowl.



The redbud burst into flower.



Same with the cascading roses.



There are flowers for bouquets. Lilac, wisteria, a small spray of redbud, and one clematis bloom.


Mr. Frog woke up and started looking for love. He's got quite the croak. No sign of Mr. Turtle. He might have moved on or died.

There has been all sorts of knitting and I've messed up most of it. I am slowly frogging, tinking, unpicking, and rethinking.

Lots of wine was bottled up at long last. Since there will be no stone fruit this year (no plums, peaches or pluots) it's a good thing there will plenty of wine for gifts and drinking on soft summer evenings. I have hopes for some cherries, pears, and apples still.

Everything has grown a great deal from all the rain so Hubby will get to do a lot of mowing. I have weeds to pull, dead foliage to cut back and raised beds to prepare. The greenhouse if full of lovely seedlings - melons, tomatoes and the like. We are looking forward to summer but let's have a decent spring first.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Suzy said...

Happy Anniversary to You!

If you do end up slack-jawed and drooling from the house remodel, I'll come visit you. Promise.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Gail said...

I can't wait to see pics of the finished bedroom! I mean I've listened to the story of each and every stage of the project, so I should get to see a picture, right?
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home