Friday, June 16, 2006

Fishy Business
Would you buy a slightly used herring from this critter? In the space of less than two weeks Otis has gone from abandoned/I'm starving to death to Kitten on the Hill. Mr. Give Me Attention and Give it to me Now! I am finding that photographing a moving kitty is not so easy. Dick has taken off for the week to visit his son in TN and I am juggling two adult cats, one dog who doesn't like the fact that he is no longer the youngest and cutest and a demanding kitten who can't run around free. See me go from room to room, stroking, petting, feeding, sifting shit out of the litter boxes. Oh, okay, it isn't so bad. I have a week of no cooking and that means more knitting time.

Last night I managed to lose the photo of my husband wearing the men's sock. Take my word for it, it's too small. It fits me just fine though. I thought it was going to be too long so I started the toe early and yup, it was too short. So I frogged it and am now redoing the toe. I'm beginning to think that I might be a junkie. On the way to the airport at 10 pm last night I found myself annoyed that I couldn't be knitting. Are there deprogramming people? Half way houses?

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger jae said...

awwww. Your kitty is so cute. You've done a great job rehabilitating little Otis.

My knitting addiction is getting really bad.Today I found myself sneaking and knitting AT WORK!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Man, I'm right there with ya on the addiction. I DREAM about knitting. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking about a pattern. The thing is.. I don't really want to recover ;-)

Otis is irresistible. I'm so glad you kept him! He couldn't have a more appreciative mom.

I love your sock -- great colors too. At least you get to keep it!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

I have special permission to knit at our monday meetings. But now we're so busy we're not having meetings every week. This cuts into my KNITTING TIME!!

How can the sock be too small if you haven't finished it yet? But it does look lucious on your foot.

Are you using the directions for kitcheners' stitch to close up the toe? If you need them, I can send them to you.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Earin Marybird said...

Sharon, thanks for the offer. I know for a fact that I have at least four books that explain how to do the Kitchener's stitch complete with pictures! I just need practice. You'll have to give me a demo next time we meet.

I tried the sock on before I sewed it up and my toes stuck out and the heel rolled down a bit. The photo was taken earlier on. Trying it on Dick it was hard to slide it over his heel and the ribbing was stretched.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home