Wednesday, August 23, 2006

THE WORLD IS CHANGING

I can feel it in the water. I can feel it in the air. Summer is winding down. I'm busy cutting dead flowers and foliage in the garden, picking the last of the cucumbers (I'll make sweet relish this time I think). We're predicted to have another heat wave soon but already the days are noticeably shorter. My thoughts are moving towards fall and winter. We need more kindling. The wood we had delivered needs to be moved to the wood pile. There bigger logs need splitting. I'm finding squirrels planting acorns around the garden and in the raised beds. Soon I will start up my winter crops: Beets, carrots, sugar peas, lettuce. Projects started and left unfinished now need assessment and many things must be compressed into the next month or two at the most. One never knows when the rains will start and we'll start the wood burning stove up again. I've been knitting away at my Irish Hiking scarf. I am not quite half way though. The alpaca is very smooth and pleasant to work with. The pattern is easy but diverse enough that I haven't become bored. I find that my katcha-katcha helps so much with keeping track of the rows. While photographing the scarf something jumped and I found this little fellow enjoying the greenery. S/he has this lovely little bar of gold above each eye.
I'm of the opinion that if you're a cat and IF you manage to get just the right owner life cannot be any better. After a very rough start I think that Otis is now just where he should be.

SPECIAL TREAT

Hubby came home a day early. I am ecstatic!

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said...

Otis has thrived on the love
He has found his perfect family
I just want to scratch his lovely tummy!
Lindy

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Bishop wouldn't have sent him to a home where he wouldn't be appreciated...and worshiped as the proper feline that he is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home